We had a reservation to pick up a 16' truck to move approximately 45 miles. I have an electronic copy of my reservation with the confirmation number. I'm putting a copy of it here, with identifying information for myself and the location I was supposed to pick up from redacted.

The day we were to start moving, while we were getting dressed and planning out our day, my phone rang. It was the place where we were supposed to pick up our truck, telling me that they had 11 reservations for 4 trucks that morning, asking me what I wanted to do. Well, the first thing I wanted to do, I can't say here. The second thing, I actually did do, and that was to go into full-on panic mode. I told the guy I would call him back. I ended up renting a smaller truck from much farther away that ended up costing us an extra hundred dollars in mileage because we had to drive it 50+ miles from where it was to the house we were moving from, and we had to make two trips because the truck wasn't big enough.

I have to add here that I actually did what I said I would do, unlike Budget, and called the man back and cancelled my truck when I found another.

Because we had to go so far to actually get a truck, we didn't start actually loading the truck until around noon, and we were moving well into the night; a night, by the way, that was punctuated by the power to my new house being shut off even though it was in my name and supposed to be on. Had I gotten the truck when I was supposed to from where I was supposed to, we would have been at our new house to ask the tech cutting the power what he was doing and get that straightened out before it became an issue.

Thanks for making my moving day that much more stressful, Budget Truck Rental. I will never think of you for any moving needs, ever again, and I will tell anyone who will listen my story and warn them away from you, as well.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Fix your reservation system so you don't promise more trucks than you have..

I didn't like: Availability of rental.

Comments