Anyone considering a truck rental company should be very hesitant to use Budget. Other reviewers have mentioned overbooking, and I can confirm that this is a huge problem at Budget. Most importantly, everyone needs to know this: your reservation DOES NOT GUARANTEE A TRUCK, it only locks in a rate if they happen to have a truck for you! This sounds ridiculous, but it is their CORPORATE POLICY! This may be true at UHaul as well, but since Budget aggressively overbooks its trucks, you are much more likely with Budget to show up and find out that they have no truck for you. How they can run their business this way is beyond me - people showing up to rent a moving truck are typically on a tight schedule, right?!?! They did this to me a few months ago and I was left scrambling to find another truck at the last moment; not a pleasant experience.

I would add an additional warning if you are renting a truck in New York City, as the shortage of trucks seems to be an especially big problem there. I will never use Budget again, and will tell this to anyone I know when they are renting a truck.

Had an Experience with Budget Truck Rental?

Comments