Hello ,

Me & my husband rented Budget 24 foot truck from Jan 28- Feb 1, 2016. It was 2004 model International brand truck rented.

When we started driving and stopped for coffee so we parked the truck, when we turned the ignition on by turning the key, it broke in half, one half remained in the slot. It is annoying to know that Budget only provides one key to the truck, so we had to call locksmith to get the key duplicated, It wasted 3 hours and caused so much stress as I called different places. The locksmith charged $70, I have copy of locksmith bill

I returned the new purchased key to budget drop-off location.

The locksmith told that such keys with deep cutting designs break easily.

I contacted the customer service, but they replied saying you signed the rental agreement therefore are responsible for any damages. According to me this is not any damage or accident caused by us. This is wear and faulty equipment from an old truck with things falling apart.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Budget Truck Rental and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Budget Truck Rental to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Budget Truck Rental and budget truck rental truck rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Budget Truck Rental?

Comments